Pumpkins Preschool Wraysbury is open daily from 8.30am to 1.30pm. We also offer morning sessions 9.00am to 12 noon or 9.00am to 1.00pm to include lunch.
Pumpkins Preschool Horton is open from 9am to 3.00pm to include lunch.
Usually children will be offered two sessions a week when they first join. However, if spaces permit, there is normally an opportunity to increase this number if you wish to do so.
All children joining Pumpkins Preschool will have a learning journey file recording any observations, artwork and photographs. Pumpkins work in partnership with local schools and term times are usually in line with those in the surrounding schools, although we sometimes finish a couple of days earlier or return slightly later.
Settling In Period
Most children settle very quickly and it is usually the parent or carer who is most upset! Please be reassured that we do not like to see children upset. Therefore, we will try whatever we feel is necessary to settle your child in and help them to enjoy their new preschool. One of the ways you can help us is by completing our entry form detailing your child’s likes and dislikes and their comforters. The following are some quick tips to help settle your child into Pumpkins Preschool.
- Collect your child on time. It is very upsetting for them if you are late.
- Dress them in clothing they can manage by themselves such as ‘pull-ups’
- Teach them to try to manage their own personal needs and wash their hands automatically
- Teach them to recognise their own clothing such as coats
Partnership With Parents
We value home/school links very highly as this is yet another way of enriching your child’s personal development. There are ways to ensure these links are strong and purposeful.
- Classroom experience – parents can share in the fun with their child’s development
- Website, newsletter and noticeboard – keep in touch with what is going on
- Feedback to parents – informal and formal reports
- Open hours – we are always willing to help
Parents/carers must collect their children on time. It is upsetting for the child if they are the only one left in the building. If you are running late, please contact us so that we can reassure your child.
If for any reason a parent/carer is not able to collect their child, they must inform a member of staff so that it may be recorded in the collection book. The parent/carer must also ensure that they give the person collecting your child the required password which is recorded on our child registration forms.
To Visit Pumpkins Preschool’s profile on Pinterest. a visit to Pumpkins Preschool Wraysbury or Horton please contact us on 07500 224115 or alternatively, during out of hours complete our online form HERE.